(Vocal Jazz) Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (mini-album) - 2010, WEB, FLAC (tracks), lossless

Страницы:  1
Ответить

paneugene

Top Seed 06* 1280r

Стаж: 14 лет 11 месяцев

paneugene · 25-Мар-12 23:43 (12 лет 3 месяца назад, ред. 26-Мар-12 12:49)

Gwyneth Herbert
CLANGERS AND MASH
‘If Gwyneth Herbert is not a star before long,
I'll eat my CD player’ - The Sunday Times
Жанр: Vocal Jazz
Год издания: 2010
Издатель (лейбл): Naim Edge
Аудиокодек: FLAC (*.flac)
Тип рипа: tracks
Битрейт аудио: lossless
Продолжительность: 32:51
Наличие сканов в содержимом раздачи: front
Источник (релизер): WEB (я)

Треклист:
1. Perfect Fit (Radio Edit)
2. My Mini & Me (Polar Bear Remix)
3. So Worn Out (In the Bedroom)
4. Narrow Man (Girl After Shower Remix)
5. Perfect Fit (Mr Solo & The Voluntary Butler Scheme Remix)
6. Petite Cacahuete
7. So Worn Out (Temper D Remix)
8. Perfect Fit (Original Version)
9. Midnight Oil (A Cappella Version)

Исполнители:
Gwyneth Herbert - Vocal, Compositions, Kazoo, Stylophone, Ukulele, Xylophone
Dave Price - Fiddle, Percussion, Xylophone
Steven Holness - Piano
Al Cherry - Guitar
Sam Burgess - Bass
Mr. Solo - Vocals (5)
Лог Audiochecker

AUDIOCHECKER v2.0 beta (build 457) - by Dester - opdester@freemail.hu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Started at: суббота, 24. 03. 2012. - 17:49.38
9 files found
1 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\01 - Perfect Fit (Radio Edit).flac
Extracted successfully
Conclusion: this track is CDDA with probability 100%
Tempfile successfully deleted.
2 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\02 - My Mini & Me (Polar Bear Remix).flac
Extracted successfully
3 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\03 - So Worn Out (In the Bedroom).flac
Extracted successfully
4 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\04 - Narrow Man (Girl After Shower Remix).flac
Extracted successfully
5 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\05 - Perfect Fit (Mr Solo & The Voluntary Butler Scheme Remix).flac
Extracted successfully
6 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\06 - Petite Cacahuete.flac
Extracted successfully
Conclusion: this track is MPEG with probability 73%
7 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\07 - So Worn Out (Temper D Remix).flac
Extracted successfully
8 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\08 - Perfect Fit (Original Version).flac
Extracted successfully
9 -===- C:\Users\пользователь\DoctorWeb\Desktop\Gwyneth Herbert - Clangers and Mash (2010)\09 - Midnight Oil (A Cappella Version).flac
Extracted successfully
Finished at: суббота, 24. 03. 2012. - 17:52.29 (operation time: 0:02.51)
Reviews
Gwyneth Herbert
The Clangers
Perfect Fit –
I wrote this little tune in two hours, sitting in Victoria Park in the sunshine. It’s only got four chords on it ‘cos I’d just learnt the ukulele and that’s all I could play at the time. Clangers features two mixes of this - the original one we gave away as a free download last year and the radio edit.
So Worn Out in the Bedroom –
This track showcases my equally virtuosic talents on the radiator, metal bin and, of course, the notoriously complex stylophone.
Petite Cacahuete –
We recorded this song, written for my sister Kit (my Little Peanut), during the original ‘All the Ghosts’ sessions at Real World. Sound wizard Robert Harder breathed new life into the mix and we decided to give its first material outing.
Midnight Oil -
This is a track from our third album 'Between Me and the Wardrobe', and one we still enjoy playing as part of our live set, often unplugged. Again, this a capella version was recorded as part of the original 'All the Ghosts' sessions.

The Mash

Perfect Fit -
I’ve been a proper fan of both Mr Solo and Voluntary Butler Scheme for some time, but nothing could’ve prepared me for the joy of this cover; it’s as if David Bowie has taken all of my favourite childhood toys for a sunny picnic in a swimming pool and they’re happily jamming through our single. Yum.
My Mini and Me –
I’ve had the honour if working with Seb as producer of previous album ‘Between Me and the Wardrobe.’ He has wise ears and magic hands. Here, he’s transformed what was a kind of roadtrip bluesromp into a stark, mind-blowing escape plea.
My Narrow Man –
I always write too many words. In this near-instrumental, Girl After Shower have just used three of them, and it’s lovely.
So Worn Out –
My soft spot for banging drum and bass goes back to my Uni days, jumping up and down in the sweaty cellar dives of Newcastle’s backstreets, hands waving through fug, feet sticking to floor. Many of these occasions were in the company of banging supertalent and longtime friend Temper D, and it’s a proper treat to have him reinvent my 2am Hackney homeward song with his tummy shuddering beats.
BBC
Clanger and Mash is not really the follow-up to Gwyneth Herbert’s sublime All the Ghosts album, more an appendix to it. Of its nine tracks, four are remixes of tracks from its predecessor proper and another is a song that didn’t make it onto that album. Labelled as a mini-album, this set runs for just under 33 minutes and only includes one new song, Perfect Fit, which is featured in three separate versions. The fact that Perfect Fit is Herbert’s new single best explains the format of this release.
Fortunately, Perfect Fit is one of Herbert’s most engagingly melodic compositions, a jaunty sing-along sure to lift anyone’s spirits. The original version features ukulele accompaniment plus handclaps that ideally complement Herbert’s upbeat vocals and lyrics. The shorter radio edit adds a version of the chorus likely to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, as Herbert harmonises with herself.
Check out the infectious joy of the song’s chorus. You’ll probably be singing it before long: "Look at my life / look at my dreams / and the wonder that the sky it seems so blue / soooooo blue / and I smile as I sit / because I’ve found my perfect fit and it is you / yeeeees it’s you." Such life-affirming stuff deserves to become a big hit.
In addition to the single, there is plenty on Clangers and Mash to savour. Like most remixes, those here will only make sense to someone familiar with the original versions. Polar Bear’s Seb Rochford transforms My Mini & Me into a much starker, stripped-down plea than the original, by emphasising Herbert’s heartfelt vocals. On a remix of Perfect Fit without Herbert’s voice, Mr Solo sings like a cross between Bowie and Scott Walker. It suggests that the song could become a standard.
The power of Herbert’s vocals is re-emphasised by the album’s closing track, Midnight Oil, from her album Between Me and the Wardrobe, given an a cappella treatment in which her voice oozes emotion. The fragility of Herbert’s performance is beautiful but makes for almost painful listening. ~ John Eyles
LondonJazz
Gwyneth Herbert's new release Clangers and Mash (Naim) has nine tracks, and a total of six songs . It is in the indistinct area between the backdrop for a single and an album.
She writes about it: "I wanted to do something a bit different to mark the release of our new single, Perfect Fit, so I scrabbled around for a few backstage scrapings and asked a handful of my lovely and varied musician friends to present some Herbert tracks as they'd never been heard before . The result is Clangers and Mash: bleepy, tappy, pleasureful earfood to tickle your bellies. Tuck in."
The PR message I picked up is that Herbert is progressively moving away from the "jazz singer," label into more mainstream singer-songwriter territory. It's not surprising that this takes time, particularly as her attention gets waylaid by ambitious - and highly successful- projects such as the film score she recently wrote for The Patsy - reviewed by Alyn Shipton.
She is indeed an extremely versatile singer and songwriter. The new single was catchy, and striking for its use of harmonied vocals. Her voice is powerful, raw, achy and intimate all at the same time, particularly in "So Worn Out" (Temper D Remix) and she sings with that same sense of maturity and experience that you find in Joni Mitchell’s later recordings.
As a performer - I went to the preview of the new release at Ronnie Scott’s Bar on Wednesday - she has a fun and feisty way of getting her songs across. Her poetic lyrics and charismatic delivery marry well, creating an intimate yet totally relaxed atmosphere in this crowded bar. Her stage craft is faultless – from a commanding glance right down to a perfectly place ‘pop’ noise following the lyric "Silver bangles and a popped balloon" in Annie’s Yellow Bag. Ah, I thought, that’s what the balloon was for.
Gwyneth Herbert is a lively and charismatic performer, a songwriter who is building her songbook at her pace. And one definitely doesn't forget that sassy combo of the ukulele and the killer heels... ~ Sarah Ellen Hughes
Гвинет Херберт - английская певица и автор песен, родилась в Уимблдоне в 1981 году. Росла в Южной Англии, с трех лет начала играть на пианино, с восьми - на тубе. В юности выступала в составе Surrey County Youth Orchestra, затем недолгое время в панк-группе Wasted Minds. Уже в 14 лет Гвинет сделала демо-запись собственных песен на Trinity Studios, продолжала образование в Alton College и University of Durham. Затем певица переехала в Лондон, где организовала (с Уиллом Руттером) джазовый дуэт Black Coffee, и вскоре они победили в музыкальном конкурсе проводившемся польским телевидением. В 2003 году Херберт записала первый альбом, так и названный "First Songs". Затем она выпустила еще одну пластинку на Universal Records, откуда однако ушла в поисках большей творческой свободы. Поэтому третий её диск "Between Me and the Wardrobe" (2006) был первоначально издан собственным лейблом Monkeywood Records и спродюсирован лидером Polar Bear Себом Рошфором.
"Гвинет Херберт не обладает какими-то особо выдающимися вокальными данными, но ее манера - мягкая, с легкой грустинкой в голосе - создает уютную, интимную атмосферу. В тоже время Гвинет достаточно гибкая вокалистка, способная при необходимости продемонстрировать вокальную мощь. "
Download
Rutracker.org не распространяет и не хранит электронные версии произведений, а лишь предоставляет доступ к создаваемому пользователями каталогу ссылок на торрент-файлы, которые содержат только списки хеш-сумм
Как скачивать? (для скачивания .torrent файлов необходима регистрация)
[Профиль]  [ЛС] 

GrBear

VIP (Заслуженный)

Стаж: 17 лет

GrBear · 28-Мар-12 23:42 (спустя 2 дня 23 часа)

Она начинает петь, и невозможно пошевелиться - из боязни неловким движением сломать хрупкое, звенящее, волшебного, несомненно, производства. Даже время секундно приостанавливается, чтобы дольше оставаться частью хрустального мира. Капли дождя замирают, не долетев до земли. Хотя нет, разве это капли чертят следы на щеках?
[Профиль]  [ЛС] 

alyohagg

Стаж: 13 лет 6 месяцев

alyohagg · 14-Ноя-12 22:35 (спустя 7 месяцев)

Чертовски верно сказано!
[Профиль]  [ЛС] 

vall27

Стаж: 12 лет 1 месяц

vall27 · 24-Янв-13 14:13 (спустя 2 месяца 9 дней)

Встаньте,плизз,на раздачу народ!
Очень хочеться слушать в хорошем качестве!
[Профиль]  [ЛС] 

Ответить
Error